Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day

I love this day, mainly because I love spending time with friends and family, eating excessive amounts of food, and talking. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Things I'm grateful for this year: 

1. The special people in my life. Family, friends, and my man.

2.  My job: It is now my third year as a high school math teacher. So far, it has been the best year. I have such great students and colleagues. I've been able to visit Austin, TX and Nashville for conferences. I've grown as a teacher. It's been great.

3.  The library that is a two-minute walk from my apartment: I am obsessed with libraries, and living next to one has been a dream. I rent movies from there, roam the stacks for books randomly, and even just spend time sitting on their couches to read a gossip mag every now and then. Thank you for being so awesome, library.

4.  My neighborhood: I love Astoria, Queens. It is bustling with life, culture, and I can go to the Museum of the Moving Image for free on Fridays ;)

5. Good books: I have a long work commute. Thank goodness for all the great books I can read to keep me busy and help that commute fly by!

6. All of the inspiring blogs, magazines, and websites I find online. The internet is a never-ending source of infotainment, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment