Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How I saved $15.00-$27.00 today

For lunch today, I had some leftover soup that I was so excited about. After microwaving the soup, I ended up spilling it all. over. the place.  I considered purchasing food at that point, which I quickly decided against. The line for the food truck is long, and I don't have much time. Not to mention, that food would cost me 5 to 7 clams.

So, I decided to finish what I had left over-- some pita bread, a small pack of sour patch kids, and the rest of the spaghetti my coworker was about to throw away.

By the time I got home, I was famished. All I wanted was a quick, warm meal, but I knew that would cost me $10-$20.  So I looked in my freezer and found an old, but perfect good pack of spinach pie. I saw I had some eggs in my fridge that would go bad by the end of the week, so I boiled them and made some egg salad too. The seltzer I purchased for $0.70 at the supermarket last week was still bubbling too. So I had a great dinner and it didn't cost me much (All came from my fridge/freezer/cupboard: eggs I payed $0.99 at the supermarket, seltzer 0.70, mayo  from fridge- figure $0.50 for the amount I used, spinach pies $4.00). And I have plenty of leftovers for a second meal. It would have been so much easier to go out and buy something quick from a local restaurant, but it would have cost me. 

Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment