Friday, November 25, 2011

Recent Reads: Candide

A few months ago, I decided to purchase an Amazon Kindle. There were a few reasons I decided to make that purchase, which I will leave to a future post. If you're not familiar with e-books, you can download out of copyright books for free. One of those out of copyright books is Voltaire's Candide

 

The story is a short, sometimes disturbing, well-written, timeless satire about the hardships Candide must face to reunite with his love, Lady Cunegonde. The story will make you think about optimism, circumstance, and your perspective on life. I enjoyed reading it and I hope you will too.

You can download Candide for free for your e-reader, laptop, or phone at Project Gutenberg.

Credit for book cover: Listverse's "Top 15 Banned Literary Classics"


No comments:

Post a Comment